Saturday, January 31, 2009

The New Face of Heroin Addiction

The New Face of Heroin has none of the normal signs of heroin addiction.

The New Face of Heroin can be 12 years old, stylish and smart. The New Face of Heroin addiction can be your son or your daughter. Be concerned. Be a parent. Learn everything you can about heroin. Knowledge is power.

The drugfreeworld.org has some fantastic literature about drugs. The Truth About Heroin brochure is very informative. The brochure describes heroin, origins of heroin, what it looks like, what it's called on the street, statistics, effects, long term effects, etc. 

Remember the signs of heroin addiction have NEW FACES...one of those faces could be someone you love.

6 comments:

Gledwood said...

I'd love to know where they get the money from!?!! Surely their parents aren't giving them £20 a day?? Otherwise they're going to be going out hussling, surely?

I just realized I wasn't even "following" you and corrected that ~ DUR!!

My Daughter's Addiction said...

Hi Gleds-
From what I know they first start stealing....then they start selling it to other kids...and it goes on from there.

Some of my daughter's friends are already dead, or in prison. All heroin-related. They steal anything they can get their hands on, they drive around nodding out and run off the road and hit a tree or run over other people. Another one of her friends hung himself in a holding cell in jail with his own belt, and several have died from heroin overdoses. The sad thing is...I knew most of these kids and their parents. It's just really sad.

Athena said...

That it happened to my daughter, my child - I really know that it can happen to anyone :-(

"Cheese heroin" is dirt cheap here... good enough to get them addicted

Athena said...

I have nominated you for a "Blog Love" award... head over to my blog to receive it if you are interested :-)

~Hugs~

Leslie said...

I remember being shocked when I learned my son was doing heroin. And he was at least 15, maybe 14 or 13 when he first used. He's probably not sure either.

Anonymous said...

NO ONE ACTUALLY KNOWS HOW IT IS TO BE A HEROIN ADDICT UNLESS THEY'VE BEEN THERE...PEOPLE THINK IT IS JUST SO EASY TO STOP BUT ITS NOT..HEROIN ADDICTION IS A DISEASE WITH NO CURE UNLESS YOU GET ON THE METHODONE BECAUSE ITS HARD TO STOP TRUST ME I AM A HEROIN ADDICT...